Old August 18th 08, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hey ho, hey ho, its off to strike we go...

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message
,
Alex writes

Where would they get the drivers and trains from at such short
notice? (We have to have at least 2 weeks notice of change of
duties).

Don't they have some extra stock available? (above number needed for
normal peak hour service?)

No. Trains are often cancelled for unavailable stock as it is.
Just because you might see one or two sat in a depot doesn't mean
they are actually available for service. After the 7/7 bombings,
the Circle has had one train regularly cancelled due to the lack of
that one train.

Surely two Circle trains sustained bomb damage on 7/7? How much stock was
written off?

--
Colin Rosenstiel