Old August 19th 08, 12:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Hey ho, hey ho, its off to strike we go...

On Aug 19, 12:29*am, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 18 Aug, 20:14, MIG wrote:

The DLR seems to be parking a spare train at Lewisham (been back days
apart and seen the same one there), but I don't suppose they are
making full use of the available rolling stock during the current
works.

The trains running the Lewisham-Island Gardens shuttle are trapped
down there by the building work, so if one of them fails they can't
bring another in from elsewhere.

(I'm not sure if it's the same trains stuck for the duration of the
works, or if the building site at Mudchute is occasionally shut down
to allow them to be swapped - but certainly they can't swap them at
short notice)

My impression is that there has been swapping. I've mostly been
avoiding the DLR, but I didn't get the impression that it was always
the same units turning up, although the same pair would be parked for
days.