Old August 19th 08, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] cosmo.johnson@googlemail.com is offline

Default Who names new roads?

On Aug 19, 2:00*pm, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,

(John Rowland) wrote:
I notice that part of Gillett St N16 has been renamed to Bailey
Place N16... unfortunately, there is already a Batley Place N16, so
there will be numerous letters sent to the wrong address over the
next 50 years.

Some minor official in the Borough Council. The local one in Cambridge
sometimes drives me to distraction with his perversity.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

At least some have a sense of humour - there's a road by Sheffield
Airport called Letsby Avenue. Appropriately enough when it was built
the only building on it was a police station.
~cj