Old August 19th 08, 08:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Lawrence[_2_] Peter Lawrence[_2_] is offline

Default North London Line blockade

With the forthcoming ten week bloclade of the North London line, I am
surprised that LO cannot offer a replacement bus from Wet Hampstead,
and other stations on the line, to Willesdan Jn, Instead they offer
bus to Queens Park and then train, adding another change of mode and
therefore delay.

I am further suprised that LO's timetable does not give any times for
the replacement buses. Would anyone like to guess how long West
Hampstead to Queen's Park might take?

NRE are no help; asked for St Albans to Kensington O via West
Hampstead they send me via East Croydon at nearly double the usual
fare!
--
Peter Lawrence