Old August 20th 08, 12:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default North London Line blockade

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:41:00 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Neil Williams wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:43:29 GMT, "Peter Lawrence"
wrote:

With the forthcoming ten week bloclade of the North London line, I am
surprised that LO cannot offer a replacement bus from Wet Hampstead,
and other stations on the line, to Willesdan Jn, Instead they offer
bus to Queens Park and then train, adding another change of mode and
therefore delay.

Because they don't give a stuff. I directly asked their staff what
they proposed to do to avoid overcrowding on LM services resulting
from their abandonment of Euston, and "umm, nothing" was the best I
managed to get in reply. Also, posters have *only just* gone up
saying no service at Euston from 1st September.

I find it extraordinary that the information on the TfL website only talks
about the line closures of the NLL and GOBLIN centred on Gospel Oak. It's
only if you download the leaflet that you realise that LO also won't be
serving Euston during the NLL blockade, with no explanation or apology for
this.

I've managed to find the leaflet on:-
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...es-leaflet.pdf
which cleverly doesn't even use the words "North London Line" at all.
There seems to be more detail in:-
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...rovements.html

The treatment of the Euston service bears a suspicious resemblance to
the "closure by stealth" methods that killed off the Watford to Broad
Street/Liverpool Street services.