Old August 20th 08, 03:57 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default North London Line blockade (long)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 01:35:40 +0100, Barry Salter wrote:

Charles Ellson wrote:

Get on your bike and try the road route. I can't find anything about a
closure but I suspect a better question would be something on the
lines of "Why don't they run some trains via Primrose Hill to
compensate?" (assuming the NLL isn't closed east of Camden Road).

Exactly like they are doing, you mean?

It seems like a great idea, until you realise that this is the reason
there's no Euston service (because the trains are being diverted to
Stratford).

I suppose the real question is, why don't they run a Willesden Jn (LL
bay platform) to Stratford service, in addition to the Euston service,
instead of completely arbitrarily withdrawing the service to Euston?