Old August 20th 08, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default TfL Admits Livingstone Regime Deliberately Obstructed TrafficFlows

On Aug 20, 10:03 am, Colum Mylod wrote:
As for accommodating road traffic for the Westfield, isn't it going to
be a Bluewater at peak times anyway? Despite the PT options, the sheer
size can only pay for itself by sucking in traffic from the wealthy
west of London. Crazy place for such a big centre really. The main
dosh as far as I can see will be from the Beeb employees next door,
and they're going to be purged further by banishment to Salford. White
City estates probably won't be the W's main savour. Peeps on tubes
usually don't carry 20 bags of goodies home.

I thought the idea was to be a less unbearable version of Oxford
Street, from which peeps on Tubes frequently carry many, if not 20,
bags of goodies home.

You may well be right that that's a special case and that people won't
be willing to do the same thing 10 minutes further west, though.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org