Old December 1st 03, 12:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default 'That's a nice tie'

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:22:51 +0000, Ken Wheatley
wrote:

I was on the Central Line today. I noticed a striking looking woman
get on at, I think, St. Pauls and sit opposite me. At Holborn she got
off. But at she stood up, she looked at me and gave me a great big
smile. 'That's a nice tie' she said, then got off.

Very small, but it just about made my day. No-one had told her it was
mandatory to studiously ignore everyone else on the tube. She actually
acted in a human and pleasant way. Good for her.

Obviously not "local," then....
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk