Old August 20th 08, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Aldwych branch train

On 20 Aug, 18:19, MIG wrote:
On Aug 20, 5:00*pm, umpston wrote:

On Aug 20, 4:51*pm, Standing at HN28 signal
wrote:

On 16 Aug, 13:34, "Q" ..@.. wrote:

"Boltar" wrote in message

Does the old northern line train on the branch get used much these
days? Does it ever go for a service - it must've been down there well
over 10 years now - or is it just going to stay there until it falls
apart and is carried out in bits?

B2003

Its still down there, It was hiding down the tunnel again last time I was
down there a few weeks back. Not sure how often it gets out for a service,
but there's *lots* of planning and paperwork involved in getting it anywhere
really from what I remember.

Next time I'm passing I will try and remember to enquire. It's still used
for all sorts of things within the confines of the branch though.

I believe it had a service around 2002/2003 as when I had a tour of
Aldwych in early 2002 there was talk of it being done at Ruislip.
Shame they've spoil it by putting the corporate 'red front' on it
though.- Hide quoted text -

The Cravens Heritage Trains site includes a page:
http://www.cravensheritagetrains.co.uk/aldwych.htm about filming in
2002 involving their 1960 stock train. *The 'resident' train was
removed for servicing at that time. *I would guess the red front now
on the resident train was a (later) film-maker's requirement.- Hide quoted text -

A film-maker concerned with accuracy and continuity with respect to
railways? *Impossible.

It must have been used when they filmed Creep in 2003 or 2004. *A 1996
stock Jubilee train at Charing Cross becomes a 1972 stock train at
Aldwych at some point if I remember rightly.

In a horror fantasy movie like Creep the authenticity or otherwise of
railway sequences (or any other technical portrayal) is not something
that would concern me greatly.