Old December 1st 03, 03:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Delays on 8 & 9 December

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:13:14 +0000, Barry Salter
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:23:30 +0000, Dave Arquati wrote:

Would these companies be able to make a claim against either the RMT or
London Underground for compensation to cover penalty payments for the
delay caused to their trains?

Network Rail would bill TfL for any delay minutes attributed to them as
a result of the action, which could add up to quite a substantial sum,
as it has the potential to disrupt far more services than you would at
first think, given Chiltern has direct interfaces with Vrigin Cross
Country and Central Trains/Centro services...

I'd dearly love to see Network Rail try given any agreements are between
the operating companies and LUL not the infrastructure provider. You'll
also find that the extent of "pass through" of penalties between
organisations is very limited.

Also I'd struggle to understand how a slow running Met train would
really have any impact on Virgin Cross Country near Banbury given the
interworked LUL section really only impacts Marylebone - Aylesbury via
Amersham trains. Perhaps I'm missing something?
--
Paul C
Admits to Working for London Underground!