Old August 22nd 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
David Horne, _the_ chancellor David Horne, _the_ chancellor is offline

Default Purchase Virgin Train tickets online from US address?

S Viemeister wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
grusl wrote:

"AES" wrote in message
Anyone know how to purchase Virgin Train tickets (London-Holyhead)
online from a U.S. location?

When I try to do so on any of Virgin Train's ".uk" URLs, the "Address"
portion of the registration and booking page stays stubbornly greyed
out, and won't let me complete the registration or the booking.
I'm guessing that you're heading to Ireland. I managed to book a complete
London-Cork journey (on Virgin, Stena and Ironhorse Eire or whatever it is)
at the Virgin Trains booking counter at Euston, but in person.

Crossposted to likely more helpful groups.

www.nationalexpress.com will allow you to buy a ticket from abroad- and
even though they don't run that route, they will sell tickets on it.

Thanks, David - that's useful information.

You're welcome- to be clear, I haven't booked from outside the UK
myself, but they make it clear it should be possible, as they give the
option for people outside the UK to pick up the ticket from the machine
in the station- in this case London Euston.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the