Old August 22nd 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
David Horne, _the_ chancellor David Horne, _the_ chancellor is offline

Default Purchase Virgin Train tickets online from US address?

Theo Markettos wrote:

In uk.transport.london David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)
wrote:
www.nationalexpress.com will allow you to buy a ticket from abroad- and
even though they don't run that route, they will sell tickets on it.

Make sure you get a train ticket, not a bus ticket! (They do both).
http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com/ is the train booking site.

Fair point- though it's clear enough on the website!

I don't think they'll post you the tickets, but you can select to collect
them from a machine at the station. Take the credit card you used to book
them with you as you'll probably need to use that in the machine.

Yes- they say that credit card is the only option if you're outside the
UK. Just as a data point, SNCF had no problem posting our TGV tickets to
the UK... for free. (Some UK train websites post tickets for free (e.g.
Virgin) some don't- some even charge silly credit/debit card charges now
too.)

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the