Old August 22nd 08, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Hey ho, hey ho, its off to strike we go...

On 22 Aug, 18:00, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
He is a rare example of a union leader who actually does his job
instead of chasing a knighthood.

His job is to pointlessly victimise millions of Londoners?

His job is to protect the interests of his members. If victimising
Londoners is, in his view, the best thing to do to protect his members
his duty is clear.

Personally, I think it's a short term attitude that will bite him later.

Well yes, because that attitude has given such a good future to the
miners, British car workers, etc !!

I can still remember the Fiat advert having a go at British Leyland
(remember them). It was "Built by robots, not by Robo's".

Soon the anecdote will be about Public Sector public transport (remember
them) ?!

I know this is my second plug of the week, but (partly inspired by MIG
here) I wrote a piece along those lines for one of my more serious
writing gigs the other day:
http://www.liberalconspiracy.org/200...like-bob-crow/

The comments are interesting - they're a good reminder that while the
skilled-well-paid-craft-union element of the RMT rankles, the union
does also stick up for the poor sods who get paid a quarter of a
driver's salary to clean up Metros and puke.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org