Old August 24th 08, 07:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Railist Railist is offline

Default Purchase Virgin Train tickets online from US address?

On 23 Aug, 02:01, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,

(Neil Williams) wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:38 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

You may only need the booking reference now. You get that online.
I print that out.

I find it a bit random as to whether you need the card or not. *Best
to take it.

Daughter didn't need it with National Express East Coast at York. Just as
well - it was my credit card as she's 16.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

If you are going to Ireland, it may be worth checking what the
combined rail and ferry ticket is.
They are cheap, usually very cheap, and don't have to be purchased in
advance.
RailEasy will give you the price but can't sell to international
addresses, but no advance booking needed.