Old August 24th 08, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Width Restrictions

On 23 Aug, 22:54, Alasdair wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 17:23:26 +0100, "John Rowland"

wrote:
I already told you when you asked yesterday in news:uk.transport.

Thank you. *I was hoping to find out where I could get a complete list
of width restrictions.

--
Alasdair.

I do not know of an on-line source. Some satnav systems take account
of height & width restrictions and some don't. I presume the satnav
companies obtain their data from the Traffic Orders made by each
traffic authority (usually the local council except for motorways,
trunk roads and TfL network). There is no national list of Traffic
Orders.

In London if you are not sure which authority to contact over a steet
fault (missing signs in this case) try reporting via TfL's website
www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers - TfL say they will pass it to the
appropriate Borough if it is not a TfL road.