Old August 26th 08, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Thames Gateway

D7666 wrote:
On Aug 23, 4:51 pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Did i miss Chatham being built on a mountainside?

It's a cut-price Schwebebahn.

Eh ?

How is a Schwebebahn a cut down cableway ?

I didn't say it was, I said a cableway is a cut price Schwebebahn.
The reason I made the comparison is that the Schwebebahn exists because of
the River Wupper, and I suspect that the cableway is being planned for
Chatham because of the Medway

Thats a bit like saying a footpath is a cutdown travolator

Well, it is.

- the two
are different applications using different systems for different
reasons.

And yet, one of the cost reductions in St Pancras Thameslink involved
replacing the planned travolator to the tube with.... a footpath.