Old August 26th 08, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Who names new roads?

In article ,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

Speaking of Chesterton, why is there a cluster of caledonian
streets there? There's Scotland Road, Edinburgh Road, Kinross Road,
Inverness Close, Stirling Close. The road layout makes me think
that Scotland Road is quite old, but that the other ones, which are
branches off it, are newer; the houses on them are certainly all
brand spanking new. My guess would be that Scotland Road was built
many years ago, and named that for some reason, and then the new
estate was built recently, and the names chosen as a riff on the
parent road.

It's known as the Scotland Farm estate, after what was there before the
houses.

--
Colin Rosenstiel