Old August 31st 08, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Kings Cross validators

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Four sets of smartcard validators have now been fitted on each side
of
the entrance arches to Kings Cross opposite platforms 1-8. They are
not comissioned yet.

Interesting observations. Looks like there is a concerted programme of
work to get validators installed on at least 3 TOCs (FCC, FGW, NXEA).
Any signs of life south of the river?

I've just seen newly installed supports for smartcard validators as far away
as Woolston (near Southampton). Doubt they'll be reading Oyster though...

Back to the OP in this thread however, these new validators at KX are
presumably just extras, PAYG is already valid there, but I guess validators
were a bit thin on the ground on the direct route from the mainline
platforms to the tube ticket hall?

Paul S