Old September 1st 08, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

Default Kings Cross validators

On Aug 31, 12:30*pm, Rupert Candy wrote:
On Aug 31, 11:06*am, Paul Corfield wrote:

Interesting observations. *Looks like there is a concerted programme of
work to get validators installed on at least 3 TOCs (FCC, FGW, NXEA).
Any signs of life south of the river?

None in SouthEastern-land yet, more's the pity... SouthEastern appear
to be the only TOC who haven't made any sort of firm commitment to
accepting Oyster, so I have no great hopes of anything happening soon.

And yet they seem to be ahead on selling Oyster, or maybe that's only
at Lewisham, where they definitely sell it at the counter now* and
there's a card-only machine (which often doesn't work when I go there
for the purpose).

One might suppose that this would be to do with the DLR, except that
the DLR doesn't sell Oyster.

*Actually they disappear off to some other part of the ticket office
to do it, but at least they can.