Old September 4th 08, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default New Year fare rises

On Sep 4, 11:36*am, "Paul Scott"

Bus and Underground fares in London are to increase by an overall figure of
6% from the New Year, London Mayor Boris Johnson has announced.
Some fares will be cut, including a new off-peak rate aimed at encouraging
people to travel after 0930.

The press release at http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_...eleaseid=18677
has some detail of the new fares, in an incredibly badly formatted
table.

It mentions a new 0930-1600 off-peak period. I'm guessing that off-
peak picks up again after 1900, but there's no mention of this.

Another question is whether your off-peak day Travelcard will be valid
after 1600 - or will there be two markedly different off-peak periods,
depending on how you're paying?

While I'd imagine tourists arriving at Heathrow in the middle of the
day will be happy about being able to save £1.60, I suspect everyone
else will be totally baffled.

- martin