Old September 4th 08, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default New Year fare rises

MIG wrote:
On Sep 4, 12:08 pm, martin wrote:

It mentions a new 0930-1600 off-peak period. I'm guessing that off-
peak picks up again after 1900, but there's no mention of this.

Another question is whether your off-peak day Travelcard will be
valid after 1600 - or will there be two markedly different off-peak
periods, depending on how you're paying?

Depends if 'off peak' paper travelcards are affected at all doesn't it? I
suspect this is a PAYG feature only, otherwise there would have to be an
'off peak minimum cash fare' but they say it is frozen at £4.00 - though
you'd have to say the press release isn't explicit enough...

While I'd imagine tourists arriving at Heathrow in the middle of the
day will be happy about being able to save £1.60, I suspect everyone
else will be totally baffled.

This is what PAYG does already - does it baffle people now that higher fares
are charged between 0700 and 1900?

It also doesn't say if it's the start time of the journey or the end
time of the journey or both that determine the fare charged.

I'm sure it's been established before that on PAYG it is the start time that
defines the fare charged.

Paul S