Old December 1st 03, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North CJG  Now Thankfully Living In The North is offline

Default Delays on 8 & 9 December

This is because in preparation for the introduction of PPP London
Underground allowed the ongoing deterioration of track.
The action will commence on December the 8th until close of traffic on
December the 9th"

Roger

So London Underground thought, because soon someone else would be
bankrolling the whole maintance of the track they would save the money
and not bother maintaining.
It would be easy for people to suggest that the reasons there has been
so many de-railments just lately on the Underground would be down to
them not bothering to spend much on maitaining the track.
Surely its a good thing London Underground aren't maintaing the track
if this is there attudide to it?
Well if we aren't going to do it from this date. Then we won't
bothering spending any money on it any more