Old September 5th 08, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David A Stocks David A Stocks is offline

Default New Year fare rises

wrote in message
However, it doesn't simplify matters at all. If an afternoon peak
applied to the off-peak one day travelcard, it would also have to
apply to passengers travelling in from outside zone 6 (as people
arriving in London between 4pm and 7pm wouldn't be able to travel
beyond their terminal station). This would all but kill off any
chance of anyone having a evening out in London if they are not
already there.

I suspect existing paper travelcard conditions will remain largely
unchanged, unless individual operators take the FCC policy. I don't think
there is an equivalent (other than via PAYG capping) of the one day
travelcard on Oyster, so the issue won't arise there. Isn't there a
precedent for this with oyster peak charging on London Overground between
Euston and Watford? I know that for Clapham Junction to Watford there are
times when it's cheaper to buy a paper ticket from Southern (with a gold
card discount) than use PAYG.

D A Stocks