Old September 10th 08, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Accident in Croydon

In article ,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(Pyromancer) wrote:

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Tom
Anderson gently breathed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twic/2844493252/

You should send that to the Warrington Cycle Campaign for their
"Facility Of The Month" page - top work!

I use the segregated cycle lane sections to the west of that location
between the Bedford Way/Tavistock Sq junction and Marchmont St on my
way from Westminster to King's Cross station.

I don't use the section between Marchmont St and Judd St
illustrated and have never seen this nonsense.

I turn off at Marchmont Street too, so i rarely have to negotiate
the bloody thing either. The day i took that, i was riding from the
west end to the City, and that seemed like a good route.

I can't for the life of me think why that crossover isn't
arranged at the lights on the Judd St junction

Quite!

but then they wouldn't have the anti-cyclist lights arrangement
at the Marchmont St junction if they were that sensible.

Oh christ! That junction! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!! It makes me
INSANE WITH RAGE whenever i see it, or even think about it. It's an
affront to common sense and human dignity. One day, i'm going to
burn it down.

Indeed so. I've got an email from a Camden cycling officer I keep meaning
to follow up to have a site meeting about those signals (and a more minor
irritation at Tavistock Square). I have a Camden cycling councillor
contact to whom I've talked about it too but it's one of things for which
I need to get a round tuit.

--
Colin Rosenstiel