Old September 12th 08, 08:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Accident in Croydon

In article
,
(MIG) wrote:

On Sep 10, 11:18*am, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,

(Pyromancer) wrote:
Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Tom
Anderson gently breathed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twic/2844493252/

You should send that to the Warrington Cycle Campaign for their
"Facility Of The Month" page - top work!

I use the segregated cycle lane sections to the west of that location
between the Bedford Way/Tavistock Sq junction and Marchmont St on my
way from Westminster to King's Cross station.

I don't use the section between Marchmont St and Judd St illustrated
and have never seen this nonsense. I can't for the life of me think
why that crossover isn't arranged at the lights on the Judd St
junction

Well it is, as a result of the previous one, in that anyone continuing
east along Tavistock Place has to make the reverse move after a few
yards, across the path of cyclists heading west.

The whole assumption seems to be that all cyclists heading east will
turn south down Hunter Street, but I can't see why they should.

As for why the path has to stay on the north, I'm guessing that it
must be something to do with how one can get on to it at the Tottenham
Court Road end, where it is against the one-way flow of Torrington
Place. I can't remember how one gets to it from Tottenham Court Road,
unless there's a contraflow bike lane there.

It all sounds like assumptions that it is provided for cyclists making
particular journeys when they make a multitude of journeys. I turn North
at Marchmont St for example, as do many others, and have never used it as
far West as Tottenham Court Road.

--
Colin Rosenstiel