Old September 15th 08, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Changeless bus passenger denied boarding

On Sep 15, 10:18 am, Walter Briscoe
wrote:
On Sunday morning, about 08.00,I was on a 21 to Lewisham at London
Bridge/Monument. A passenger boarded and tried to pay with a twenty
pound note. The driver had no change and nor did other passengers. The
passenger was made to get off the bus. I was horrified and complained,
this morning, at 0845 300 7000. The stop is not "Pay before you board".
It seems the operator should have issued a pay later chit.

If they did that it would be a scam that would be soon abused. Perhaps
the passenger should have had some common sense and changed the note
in a shop beforehand anyway.

B2003