Old September 16th 08, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Changeless bus passenger denied boarding

MIG wrote in message
:

On Sep 16, 1:41 am, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,

(Tom Anderson) wrote:
The problem is that
cash comes in doses of 10 or 20 pounds, as notes. You cannot get
money from a cash machine in any smaller quantity.

Er, I regularly get cash in £5 notes from a cash machine (in
Cambridge).

There's one in Russell Square that gives fivers as well. It's been
suggested that it has something to do with proximity to students, but
if so it's not consistent.

Most (all?) NatWest cashpoints allow you to withdraw cash in multiples of
£10 and this is dispensed as £10 notes - and for larger sums, often in £20
notes with just the remaining £10 (if any) as a £10 note. I've not seen a
cashpoint dispense £5 notes for many many years.