Old September 16th 08, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Changeless bus passenger denied boarding

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

Boltar wrote:

If you think I'm being unreasonable then go into a corner shop and see
the reaction you get if you try and buy a mars bar with a 50 quid note.

Isn't there an actual law that allows retailers the ability to refuse
payment if offered in too high a denomination?

I think it's more the case that there's no law that compels anyone to
accept any particular form of payment.

There is the idea of 'legal tender', but i understand that actually only
refers to settling debts in a court - and you don't get any change:

http://www.royalmint.gov.uk/Corporat...uidelines.aspx

tom

--
Any problem in computer science can be solved with another layer of
indirection. -- David Wheeler