Old September 16th 08, 05:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default One day travelcards and collection from fastticket machines

Mizter T wrote:
On 16 Sep, 17:23, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:

Which brings me to another question on FastTicket machines: SWT (in
the latest, Sept/Oct, free mag) mentions SWT's scheduled enhancement
to allow Monthly renewals, pre-paid ticket collection and tickets for
tomorrow. But only Anytime (peak) tickets for tomorrow.

Is this restriction in force in other areas ?

I suppose the fact that Offpeak (and Super Offpeak) tickets and e.g. Network
Card discounts don't appear on the machines until they become valid makes it
unlikely they'd appear the night before. Although pre-paid ticket
collection (which I haven't used becasue SWT haven't provided it yet)
presumably provides a way round this??

You haven't made at all clear what the scheduled enhancement entails -
i.e. what is enhanced?

What SWT are calling an 'enhancement' is simply providing the facilities
such as pre-paid ticket collection (TOD) and tickets for next day travel
that many TOCs already provide.

Not sure about monthly season renewal availability generally though.

One planned facility that appears to be a real enhancement is intended to be
inclusive tickets for attractions such as Chessington, apparently due next
summer...

Paul