Old September 18th 08, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Addon prices for Day Travelcards

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
l.co.uk...
Does anyone here understand the logic by which TOCs decide the addon cost
of Day Travelcards over Day Returns to London Terminals?

Looking at a random selection of towns and cities around London most seem
to be in the range £2.50-£4.50 (before railcard discounts). All except
FCC, that is. The Huntingdon addon is £5 while Cambridge seems to have to
highest of all at £6.

Above £4.50 and the point of Travelcards is destroyed for most users who
only make 2 tube journeys and have railcards and Oyster.

I normally use a Travelcard addon for day trips, effectively at £4.50,
because my Network Railcard reduces that to £3.00. I use Oyster PAYG if I'm
already in the London area, but the Network Card discount isn't available on
Oyster yet. Maybe it will be introduced by ATOC/NR for Sat and Sun only once
all TOCs are accepting PAYG...

Paul S