Old September 18th 08, 01:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie  Thompson is offline

Default NLL Camden Road work package reduced

On 18 Sep, 01:09, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 17 Sep, 06:25, Jamie Thompson wrote:

Given the works to be/being performed to enlarge the Hampstead tunnel
and bridges on the Gospel Oak routes to enable more freight to reach
the WCML without crossing the GEML or using the NLL,

This only applies to freight from the Tilbury direction. The NLL is
still going to be the most practical route for GEML freight. See the
diagram hehttp://londonconnections.blogspot.co...ground-disrupt...

A lot of other current NLL traffic could not easily be diverted away.
We're a long way from it being a segregated passenger route.

Well, if TPTB were so inclined, a (relatively) simple bridged curve
could connect the GEML slows to the Goblin:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=...ac71f8b35d6743
....I think there's ample room.

Just out of interest, what sort of "other current" traffic does the
NLL have, other than passengers, GEML freight, and Tilbury freight
(which I'm guessing includes all chunnel traffic)? I can't think of
anything else.