Old September 19th 08, 01:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie  Thompson is offline

Default NLL Camden Road work package reduced

On 19 Sep, 09:46, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 18 Sep, 22:07, Jamie *Thompson wrote:

Well, if TPTB were so inclined, a (relatively) simple bridged curve
could connect the GEML slows to the Goblin:http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=...=51.550665,0.0...
...I think there's ample room.

GEML freight runs on the fasts, on the north side.

Just out of interest, what sort of "other current" traffic does the
NLL have, other than passengers, GEML freight, and Tilbury freight
(which I'm guessing includes all chunnel traffic)? I can't think of
anything else.

The connections at the other end are more important - the Goblin has
no equivalent to Canonbury tunnel, meaning southbound ECML trains
can't get onto it eaily. Plus anything electric. Plus various
occasional traffic like diverted sleepers heading for the ECML.

There appears to be a eastwards single track link between Harringay
and the Goblin:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...08583&t=h&z=18

....though there's no easy way for southbound trains to use it to go
east without reversing, if that's what you meant.

The electrics issue should have been sorted out by now, and I think
it'll happen once a few hands are eventually forcing into writing some
cheques, and the diverted sleepers must surely fall into the somewhat
rare category. Though I've got nothing to back that assertion up.

If TPTB felt so inclined, I guess they could link to the MML at West
Hampstead or ideally, near the Goblin's link:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?f=q...,0.013089&z=17