Old September 21st 08, 07:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
PRAR PRAR is offline

Default FGW Oystercard PAYG

DERWENT FGW Oystercard PAYG
Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:56:02 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T

On 20 Sep, 14:56, Matthew Dickinson
wrote:
First Great Western will accept Oyster Pay As You Go at all stations
between Paddington and West Drayton or Greenford from the 21st
September, according to a leaflet I picked up at Ealing Broadway
yesterday. The fares and peak periods will be the same as for the
tube.

Excellent news.

South of the river, I've seen new installations of Oyster readers at
Brockley and East Dulwich stations (the one at ED was also noted by
someone else here as well). I'm not 100% up to date on developments
but I presume that the Southern Metro network is gearing up for Oyster
acceptance - I understand that the new South Central franchise will
contain a commitment to smart card ticketing - presumably with a
specific commitment to Oyster, as opposed to merely ITSO?.

Oystear readers have appeared at my local stations: Norwood Junction &
Selhurst. They are not in se yet though. No evidence of the ticket
offices being able to issue Oyster tickets yet though.

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/ and http://prar.fotopic.net/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. --Dick Cavett