Old September 21st 08, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
RPM RPM is offline

Default FGW Oystercard PAYG

On Sep 21, 5:56*pm, Barry Salter wrote:
Mizter T wrote:

[Oyster]

Is there no chance that the Fujitsu Star system could be adapted to
deal with it? And I forget - any idea which system Southern have at
their ticket offices?

As far as I'm aware, neither Star, Tribute nor Shere Smart (which is
what FCC and Southern use) can be modified for Oyster.

That apparently is the case but it is hard to see why those systems
can't be made Oyster compatible when they managed it with APTIS. (The
add-on was called APTIS-ANT IIRC) perhaps the functionality required
then was more starightforward than what is needed now.

Why this is, I'm not sure, but I seem to remember a proposal that
stations not using FasTIS already were to be equipped with a FasTIS+
terminal, with tickets being issued as normal on "paper" tickets, then
read on the FasTIS+ and loaded onto the Oyster card, with the paper
ticket being voided.

I think some TOCs are installing/have installed FasTIS at stations
that need to issue Oyster, regardless of the tiscket system used
elsewhere on the TOC.

RPM