Old September 22nd 08, 06:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default 378 move and GOB to be DC?

Paul Scott wrote:
'Rail Manager online' reporting the first 378 to travel south tomorrow, and
the possibility of Third Rail electrification of the GOB line...

I can't see the HSE/HMRI/Network Rail allowing that [3rd rail], as it
wouldn't be an extension of existing 3rd rail electrification. That
notwithstanding, there aren't exactly very many 3rd rail freight locos
around either. ;-)

Having said that, I believe they're putting in a connection between the
GOB and Eastbound District at Barking to allow easier access for
Engineering trains.

Cheers,

Barry