Old September 22nd 08, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MarkVarley - MVP MarkVarley - MVP is offline

Default Veterans Concessionary Travel Scheme

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:18:02 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote this gibberish:

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On 22 Sep, 18:41, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the Veterans Concessionary Travel
Scheme?
I heard it's being introduced on 2nd November 2008 but there is no
more information than that to be found so far.
I've contacted TfL and the Veterans Agency but while I wait to hear
back I thought I'd ask if anyone here is any the wiser?

This is the relevant page on the TfL website:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/8734.aspx

Unfortunately, IMO, it will be somewhat misleading if it is referred to as
the 'Veteran's' scheme, as in the last few years the usage of 'Veteran' has
changed to cover what we used to describe as 'ex-servicemen'.

It would be more sensible to just amend the eligibilty list for the Freedom
Pass surely?

Paul S

Maybe thats what they are, in effect, doing?
No idea.....
What is a 'veteran' in your view out of curiosity?
--
Mark Varley
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk