Old September 22nd 08, 06:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default 378 move and GOB to be DC?

Barry Salter wrote:

I can't see the HSE/HMRI/Network Rail allowing that [3rd rail], as it
wouldn't be an extension of existing 3rd rail electrification. That
notwithstanding, there aren't exactly very many 3rd rail freight locos
around either. ;-)

Oh, I don't know, a good lawyer and a proposal to extend from Camden
Road to Barking, reverse at Gospel Oak could be argued as an extension
of existing electrification using existing stock?

Then just declare the CR-GO section as surplus to requirements, not
funded in the current budget, an aspiration for Control Period 8000 or
something...

Properly approached, safety regulation is a catalyst for creative sophistry.

Tom