Old December 2nd 03, 02:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jason Jason is offline

Default Oyster Prepay... now available!

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:03:37 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

I ordered mine successfully (needed to get a Photocard first though),
and it says you can't use your credit until 4th January.

I'm a bit disappointed you won't be able to use it on buses straight
away though. I guess they're waiting for conductors on Routemaster
routes to be given hand-held readers, otherwise you'd end up receiving a
free trip.

Another thought I had - is there an Oyster reader at each entrance on a
bendybus?

I'd like to know what's going to happen when using WAGN services.
Certain Underground tickets can be used between Seven Sisters,
Tottenham Hale and Walthamstow Central and the intermediate statins.

If there's no reader at one of these National Rail stations, how do
Oyster know the journey has ended and not charge a zone 1-6 fare?

Cheers,

Jason.