Old December 2nd 03, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Oyster Prepay... now available!

Jason wrote:

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:07:52 +0000, David Walters
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:47:08 GMT, Thunderbug wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:

Now available online (http://www.oystercard.com/prepay/fares.htm) or
over the phone (0870 849 9999).

Yes, I'm as shocked as anyone else! I'm going to try ordering one online
now...

So, available to order online now, can be topped up at stations from
15th December, can be used from 5th January on tube/DLR

What makes you think you can't use prepay now?

Purchasing one today says "Your Oyster card should arrive and be ready
for use on or before Sunday, 07 December 2003."

Note the ON or BEFORE apect.

I think they have forgotten to update that since putting the prepay
ticket on sale today - "be ready for use" must imply the weekly or
longer tickets.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7