Old September 23rd 08, 10:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default New DLR trains

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Mizter T wrote:

On 23 Sep, 22:19, MIG wrote:

Is there enough depot space for them? *I was wondering if a new depot
will be built along with the latest extension.

The Beckton Depot has been extended to provide space to stable these
trains - this has taken the form of new outdoor sidings. I dunno if the
DLR bought lots of land when the Beckton depot was constructed or
acquired more at a later stage, but it was all wasteland around there
(and some of still is) - of course in pre-natural gas days it was all a
massive gasworks

Which, funnily enough, had an awful lot of railway sidings - the coking
halls, or sheds, or whatever you call them, were built right on top of
railway tracks.

tom

--
Know who said that? ****ing Terrorvision, that's who. -- D