Old September 24th 08, 10:13 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default 378 move and GOB to be DC?

On 24 Sep, 11:02, Chris Tolley wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

On 24 Sep, 10:16, Chris *Tolley wrote:

(snip)

On the electric lines, new MUs were introduced as the loop line was
being developed. They certainly aren't *still* new, but they were new
for the current routes.

And by all accounts they're less than ideal for the city centre loop
as well.

AIUI, the curvature on the track gives rise to increased wear on the
wheels. If so, that's more a track problem than a train problem.

Or a train not being suitable for the track (or more properly tight
alignment) problem. Depends upon where you approach it from really -
so I could have said the city centre loop is less than ideal for the
Merseyrail MUs!

I suppose there are compounding features as well, given that the
Merseyrail loop line is an intensive service. F'rinstance, at
Farringdon, there's a fairly tight curve on Thameslink, but a particular
train will pass over it much less frequently.

I presume its the line to Moorgate you speak of? In which case usage
will become zero come March next year when it gets disconnected as
part of the Thameslink 3000 works.