Old September 24th 08, 03:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default 378 move and GOB to be DC?

On 24 Sep, 14:50, Chris Tolley wrote:

Indeed they are, but on surprisingly few trains. My observation is that
only on the heaviest-loaded trains is there any need for them, and even
that only extends to a couple of stops out of the loop. I don't know so
well what things are like on Hunts Cross to Southport.

The Link lines are generally far busier - not sure about the Southport
line but a 3 car would load full and standing as far as Maghull or
Kirkby, easily.

Neil