Old September 24th 08, 05:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default 378 move and GOB to be DC?

"Barry Salter" wrote in message
Mr Thant wrote:
On 24 Sep, 12:33, Boltar wrote:
And a few hundred people from each thameslink train walk over the
small bridge try and squash onto a circle line train to finish their
journey. Farringdon will be utter chaos every morning and evening.

Which is why they're putting in a much bigger bridge.

If memory serves, the 1990s plan for Crossrail featured Farringdon and
Liverpool Street being "double ended", affording interchange with Barbican
and Moorgate, respectively.

As does the recently agreed plan (for Crossrail). As for Thameslink, the
new Blackfriars and existing 'ity Thameslink are double ended, perhaps St
Pancras International should have been built similarly, as we've discussed
before.

However, doesn't the eventual Farringdon Thameslink/LU have access direct
to the street from the east side of one of the widened footbridges, so it
will at least have double entrances? I believe the initial arrangement with
steps down to the 'Circle' platforms is only a transitional stage towards an
eventual new entrance?

Paul S