Old September 24th 08, 07:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default 378 move and GOB to be DC?

Neil Williams wrote:

Are there any actual 2-car platforms on the GOBLIN? I thought they
were all far longer than the trains, hence my criticism of the use of
2-car DMUs when maybe 4 would be more suitable.

Quail gives the shortest platform as being South Tottenham Eastbound, at
3 coaches. Next shortest are Blackhorse Road (both roads) and South
Tottenham Westbound, at 4 coaches. Longest are Harringay Green Lanes
(both roads) at 11 coaches.

The Rules of the Plan, meanwhile, give the following platform lengths
(number of Class 150/1 vehicles, at 20.06m, in brackets):

Gospel Oak - Bay : 97m (4 vehicles)
Upper Holloway - Both : 124m (6 vehicles)
Crouch Hill - Both : 122m (6 vehicles)
Harringay Green Lanes - Both : 220m (10 vehicles)
South Tottenham - Eastbound : 52m (2 vehicles)
Westbound : 81m (4 vehicles)
Blackhorse Road - Both : 84m (4 vehicles)
Walthamstow Queens Road - Eastbound : 154m (7 vehicles)
Westbound : 181m (9 vehicles)
Leyton Midland Road - Both : 156m (7 vehicles)
Leytonstone High Road - Both : 163m (8 vehicles)
Wanstead Park - Both : 147m (7 vehicles)
Woodgrange Park - Both : 165m (8 vehicles)
Barking - Platform 1 : 183m (9 vehicles)

NB: The above are the *TOTAL* length, and do not necessarily represent
the *OPERATIONAL* length of the platforms in question.

Cheers,

Barry