Old September 24th 08, 11:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default 378 move and GOB to be DC?

Jamie Thompson wrote:

So if I read that correctly, if you could lengthen the eastbound at
South Tottenham by doubling it (and looking at Google Maps shows no
apparent obstacles to extending that much eastwards - not to mention
you could probably get a few metres by going west up closer to the
bridge), you could have a four-car DMU service with little to no
*major* works?

The best bet for lengthening at South Tottenham would be at the East
end, but even then you haven't got much room to play with before the
junction.

It's been a while since I've been there, but ISTR the Westbound platform
extends right to the bridge over the High Road already, but the
Eastbound doesn't go all that far.

Cheers,

Barry