Old December 2nd 03, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default Surface stock

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , Paul Corfield
writes
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 23:11:35 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Hi all,

The rumour mill says that the new surface stock should be ready to

replace
the A, C and D stocks in 2013, and that it will also be used on South

London
Metro services. It will have some method of dealing with curved

platforms
(I'm guessing short articulated carriages). The Acton Town to Uxbridge
services will become part of the District Line, with all Piccadilly

trains
going to Heathrow.

Interesting rumour mill John - not heard any of that from within LUL. I
must find myself a better source.

I heard that the Victoria Line was next for new stock.. I know what C
and D is, so maybe that's A......

'fraid not, A is A60 as used on the Met...
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have