Old September 25th 08, 07:40 AM posted to uk.misc,uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Public transport - why?

On 24 Sep, 21:57, "Peter Hucker" wrote:
It's just not viable.

For a laugh (and because they just built a station next to my house) I decided to check the feasability of a train to work. *It takes twice as long and costs twice as much as by car. *(1.5 hours instead of 45 mins and 16.50 instead of 7.50)

Silly treehuggers.

Is this the same throughout the country? *I'm in central Scotland.

Nope. Train for me takes 1h05 - 1h20 depending on when I leave, car
takes 1h25 in good traffic

I also get to watch TV/read a book/reply to trolls while I'm on the
train. Either that or work, and hence leave early.

Also get to go to the pub after work

Cost wise train costs about £13 a day, car costs £11 a day in petrol
alone -- £45 a day in inland revenue mileage.