Old September 26th 08, 06:14 PM posted to uk.misc,uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.transport.london
Peter Hucker[_2_] Peter Hucker[_2_] is offline

Default Public transport - why?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:19:15 +0100, Bing Trotsky wrote:

In article , says...
Paul Weaver writes:

On 24 Sep, 21:57, "Peter Hucker" wrote:
It's just not viable.

For a laugh (and because they just built a station next to my house) I decided to check the feasability of a train to work. *It takes twice as long and costs twice as much as by car. *(1.5 hours instead of 45 mins and 16.50 instead of 7.50)

Silly treehuggers.

Is this the same throughout the country? *I'm in central Scotland.

Nope. Train for me takes 1h05 - 1h20 depending on when I leave, car
takes 1h25 in good traffic

For me, train takes 20 minutes, door to door; the car 45-60. Cost of
train: about fiver; just parking the car costs rather more than that.

I'm in central Scotland, too.

I'm in central London. A 45 minute journey by car I can probably walk in
15 minutes.

I think the problem is my journey is not in line with the rails. I have to change twice (the train not my clothes).

I have an LPG vehicle which is cheaper, and I drive in a non standard way which is faster.

System error 4C: kernel panic