Old September 27th 08, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default 378 move and GOB to be DC?

On 27 Sep, 14:48, Mizter T wrote:

On 27 Sep, 10:06, wrote:

In article ,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008, wrote:

In article
,
(Rupert Candy) wrote:

On Sep 24, 10:04*pm, wrote:

So if I got to Denmark Hill station, how would I get to Central
London without the South London Line service?

On a Dartford - Victoria or Sevenoaks - Blackfriars service. (Of
course, the latter will be a Sevenoaks - somewhere in Thameslink
North land service from next March...)

Not exactly on the way to Liverpool Street though.

Once the trains are running through, you can change at Farringdon.

A long way round though. Denmark Hill - London Bridge - Liverpool St is a
fairly direct route.

Err, not really - in fact, I'd argue that the via Farringdon route is
as direct as going via London Bridge.

(snip)

One thing I forgot to mention in my reply above (which incidentally
perhaps sounds a bit harsh when I re-read it, that wasn't the
intention) is ELLX phase 2!

This would offer the opportunity of catching a direct train from DH to
the new Shoreditch High Street station, which is just up the road from
Liverpool Street. It's certainly not the direct route from DH to
Liverpool Street that the crow would fly, but it would offer a
frequent (every 15 mins) and direct train service to the eastern edge
of the City by going 'round the outside'. I think it'd be ideal for
journeys from DH to Liverpool Street, with a short walk of 5 mins or
so along Bishopsgate and Norton Folgate between the stations.