Old October 7th 08, 08:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Southern East Croydon to Milton Keynes service issues

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:20:57 -0700 (PDT), Paul Weaver
wrote:

Virgin West Coast don't serve Wembley, or Olympia, have never done,
and will never do. I assume they are worried about a loss of MKC-
London traffic, with people going with a cheaper MKC-Wembley/Olympia

and tubing in. I assume they think Harrow is too far away to be
bothered with, and London Midland already run services there anyway.

And there is a cheaper LM-only ticket from MKC to EUS/R1256 off-peak.
That's the competition, really.

I wonder if there will be a comparable SN ticket - it will be unfortunate if
passenger numbers are undermined by two GoVia run franchises not acting in
each others interests...

Paul